9.07.2005

For a good scare ..

Halloween is just around the corner, so we had best be getting in the mood. Horror-lovers alike, you MUST see these movies .. preferably make it a double feature and watch them back to back. And preferably, at night.





I'm not joking when I say they scared the living daylights out of me. Paul and I saw The Devil's Rejects at a theater when we visited Cincinnati. I was literally speechless during it. The audience was obviously in shock. Nobody talked, nobody moved. Well, except one guy who got up and left.

It has major Tobe Hooper influence, but I found it to be much scarier than The Texas Chainsaw Massacre could ever dream of being.

Rob Zombie truly knows how to scare.

Next up for Zombie is an animated film based on the theme of his comic, El Superbeasto. I was hoping for something similar two his last two movies .. I'm not a big fan of animation .. and I wonder how scary it will be. Or perhaps just weird. Anyway, if it's by Rob Zombie, I'll give it a shot.