9.06.2005

About this summer ...

Paulie pointed out that before we left on our vacation this summer .. there was a whole lot of building up to his visit here in my blog, as well as his own. We counted down the days, we talked about it, we planned, we dreamed .. and now it's September and I haven't even mentioned anything about it yet.

To say it was a blast is a total understatement.

I've never had such fun in all my life!

It's hard to put into words, and I guess that's why I haven't .. not to mention that I've decided that blogs about personal lives can be really humdrum sometimes (not all, but some).

I don't know where to start. We saw and did so much. We have tons of pictures. Maybe I'll post a few sometime.

We hiked, we swam, we saw Eminem (and Ludacris, AND Lil Jon and the EastSide Boyz), we shopped, we saw movies, we painted quilt squares (more about that later), we took road trips, we rode roller coasters, we saw a rattlesnake up close and personal as well as a black bear and a coyote, we saw baseball games, we went to the family reunion of my Dad's side of the family, we visited an aquarium .. I know there's more that I'm probably forgetting .. and so many funny things and stories to tell about all that happened while he was here ..

We did so much, and had such a great time.

We packed as much stuff into 2 months as humanly possible.

I wished he didn't have to leave .. but to cheesily quote the Green Day song that's playing through my head right now,

"This is the dawning of the rest of our lives!! .. "

(you gotta scream it, because Green Day sure does in the song appropriately titled 'Holiday')

Many more fun times to come for Paulie and me. =)