5.07.2005

Sheeples

Sheeple.net

Sheeple:
(SHEE.pul) n. People who are meek, easily persuaded, and tend to follow the crowd (sheep + people).

Check out the above site. I can't really go into huge detail on why it's important, but it is. (and I'll give you this much, it has nothing to do with politics) It truly will educate and amaze .. just as this day truly amazed and educated me. This is just a site that, in a way, corresponds with today's events. After spending the day talking to Paul and later watching the Braves kick Houston's asses, I feel much better than I did.

I'm a normal person. Well, maybe "normal" is taking it a bit too far .. but I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. When I'm happy, I'm happy. When I'm pissed, I'm really fucking pissed. I figured this was my space to say whatever I want, right? Hmm, should be. Last time I checked it belonged to me and I could do what I wanted to with it.

Some people you meet are Sheep. Just as the above site says, they will blindly follow their leader, asking no questions. Not waiting to hear 2 sides of a story. Not really caring .. just siding with whomever they think is the more .. uhh, stable? I don't know. Stable is probably not the right word here.

Also known as: Tunnel vision. Narrow-mindedness.

"Blindly follow the asshole in front of you"

Which, if you don't already know, this means take everything at face value. Don't look beneath the surface, don't question anything, just follow. Baa, Baa.

You run into Sheeples everyday. You might even know some Sheeples. Some people are artists at hiding the fact that they are Sheeples.

But here's the deal. Once you realize you are a Sheeple, it's hard to understand that you've been fleeced by your leader. However, there is this Sheep Recovery Program you can follow that will help.

It is entertaining as hell sometimes to see how people flock to those who are masters at pulling the wool over other peoples' eyes. But have no fear, I think justice will prevail in the end.

If you think you might be a Sheeple and need assistance, go to Google.com and search for the word "sheeple". Don't wait! Do it now. Stop collectively believing lies that are regurgitated in your general direction. Forked tongues will NOT set you free. Don't be herded around, smiling and nodding and never really even knowing what the hell is going on around you.

And frankly, I'm tired of all the incessant bleating. If I wanted more of that I'd fucking move to Australia.

I was asked twice (count .. one, two times) about what had actually happened. The rest, BAA BAA.

Keep it up. I just might have to release a pack of wolves if it doesn't stop soon.