10.08.2005

Asian Pears.


I'm not a big fruit fan, and normally I hate pears.

But these are good .. they are more like apples but with a million times the crunch and juicyness. They aren't as pliable and mushy gushy as european pears.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Just don't forget your napkin, because they drip like mad.

However, they are high in sugar content and only South Beach friendly for Phase 3 of the diet.

I just learned that after the fact.

Oops.

I'll know better next time.

* * *

I cut two minutes off my walk time today and moved up to starting out with a fast walk, then a light jog, and finishing up again with the fast walk before cool down.

I've made it up to a mile and a half a day (well, almost everyday, depending upon homework and how tired I am.)

I'm slowly working up to 4.5 mph for the entire 30 minutes. I don't know how good or bad that is ... some power walking websites call that a fast walk and one to make a goal of, I would call it jogging ... and one to make a goal of.