8.06.2006

Absolutely nothing.

War.

Like the old song says, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, indeed.

I ran across this website full of photos of what's really going on in Lebanon.

Do NOT go to that site if you cannot handle it. It's not for the weak.

I don't have tv, so I don't know if this is what they are showing on the news or not. Dead babies? The bodies of civilians ripped to shreds? Let's not even get started on the animal suffering, which hurts my heart to no end.

I interviewed a professor this week who has just returned from a month long trip to Lebanon (where years ago he attended college), and he met with officials to discuss the happenings. He's Armenian and very opposed to what is going on. On Tuesday evening at 7pm he's going to give a lecture on campus as to what's actually happening so that people can understand it all in layman's terms. I would love to attend but I have class that evening unfortunately, a class I cannot afford to miss.

I may not understand all that's going on, but I do know deep down that it is wrong.

No matter what religion, what creed, what walk of life you might be from, it's WRONG.

I want to know what world leaders would put their own children or families in this type of situation. The Bush twins? I think not. Tony Blair's spawn? I'm sure he wouldn't approve of that.

When the only countries approving of this atrocity are Israel, England, and the United States, that is very frightening.

I spoke to my Philosophy professor about this and he gave the analogy, "Can you imagine if Canada suddenly had these weapons set up and attacked us with this type of force? What would we do? *Could* that ever happen?" He said it couldn't, but what if it did?

What if someday, everyone became such enemies as this?

I want this to end.

I don't care if you are protozoa or have climbed your way to the top of the food chain.

This isn't the way living beings should treat each other.

This isn't what life is about.