11.12.2005

Influences.

Lately I've been thinking on my final project for my drawing class, and I decided that I need to think about influences. And after I decided that I decided to make a list of influences. Lots of deciding going on in these couple of sentences. Anyway.

Influences.

I'll add to this list occassionally because I'm sure I've forgotten some people.

The biggest influences of all, of course .. my boyfriend Paulie, and my late grandfather, who have both helped me see the light on things when I had no clue.

Photographers: Alyson Klutenkamper, Shelby Lee Adams

Artists: (of course all of these are artists, but .. y'know what I mean) .. Andy Warhol, Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dali, M.C. Escher, D. Hill (artist in Amsterdam from California, wish I knew her first name so I could search for her online, damnit)

Authors: Alice Sebold, Chuck Palahniuk, Stephen King

Directors: Quentin Tarantino, Sofia Coppola, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Tim Burton, David Lynch, Rob Zombie

Honorable Mentions in no specific category or order of relevance (yet): Todd Oldham, Charles Darwin, the Smurfs, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, Amsterdam

That is all. For now.