5.17.2006

Grrrrr.

Ok, I'm not going to go into the whole story, because I know there are a select few who read my blog and revel with merriment in the fact that I've had a rotten day (Why DO you read it then? I'll never understand that.)

Anyway, at work on Sunday something shitty happened and there's trouble in paradise with my lovely managers who don't know that yelling at the employees isn't the best way to run the restaurant during stressful, busy times.

It's funny, because tonight, me and another server handled a party of 50 no problem. We did a great job, and even the customers complimented us.

But when the managers are there, all hell breaks loose and shit starts happening.

I don't know about you, but when I'm yelled at (especially by some little smart ass twit who is younger than me), it makes me nervous.

And to quote Jules Winnfield from my FAVORITE movie of all time, Pulp Fiction:

"Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers accidentally get shot."

Ok, so nobody's gonna get shot .. but SOMEBODY needs to learn that yelling isn't going to work. Ever.

It's not going to make me work better, it's not going to make me more pleasant, and it's not going to light a fire under my ass or make me move any faster than I already am. I need positive reinforcement dammit! Who doesn't?!

If it doesn't stop, I might just have to read them some Ezekiel 25:17 about the tyranny of evil men to teach them a lesson about the righteous and the wicked and then promptly turn in my two week notice, or better yet, just walk right out the door if I already have a better job lined up. Because instead of firing a person, they let you stay and stay and STAY, but never EVER let you forget how much of a fuck-up they think you are.

Yeah. All of life's problems can be solved with lines from any given Pulp Fiction scene, in case you didn't know. Ezekiel 25:17 is most effective in times of peril.