3.14.2006

Fathoming out loud.


The quadratic formula is x = negative b plus or minus the square root of b squared minus 4(a)(c) all over 2a.

* * *

m = y sub 2 minus y sub 1 over x sub 2 minus x sub 1 to find slope.

y minus y sub 1 = m(x-x sub 1)

Slope Intercept Form is y= mx + b

* * *

Residuals = actual Y minus predicted Y.

* * *

standard form = ax^2 + bx + c
vertex form - a (x-h)^2 + k

equation of a circle = (x-h)^2 + (y-k)^2 = r^2

distance formula is d= the square root of (x sub 2 minus x sub 1) squared plus (y sub 2 minus y sub 1) squared

* * *

To graph a parabola:

1) Find Vertex
2) Determine if graph opens up or down
3) Plot 2 more points

To solve for a variable in an equation having radicals:

1) Isolate radical
2) Raise both sides of equation to same powers
3) If radical still exists, repeat steps 1 & 2
4) Solve.
5) Check.

* * *

All of this will be over with on Thursday. Until then, I just gotta pound it into my brain. I know most of it .. but I thought it might be helpful to print out or stare at during work and make it soak in even more.

If I can memorize the words to Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" I can surely memorize a few formulas and procedures.

Ok, so I've never memorized the words to "I've Been Everywhere." I said IF.

Duh.